Tuesday 27 August 2013

Back to School - Outfit Ideas

So for the third entry on my back to school series i'm going to go over some of my favourite outfits this season. I really like to experiment with clothes, and i have been told i have a weird style, oh well :P I am very into expressing who you are through clothing. I dress for comfort in all honestly, but when i can find clothing that is both fashionable and comfortable it makes me so happy ! I was so happy seeing all these outfits put together and i think they will be a go to for me for the fall.



My first outfit is super laid back. I took a pair of slouchy chiffon pants from forever 21 and pulled them up so they were high waisted ! Not sure if they were originally high waisted but usually i can make it work since i am super short. Recently i have been super into the slouchy pants, i feel like if you pair them with the right top and shoes you can still make them look put together.

My shirt is a big slouchy sweater, also from forever 21, i liked the simple stripes on the sleeves, it made a boring old sweater a little more interesting. To made it cropped, and to make it seem like i wasn't wearing pyjama's i tied one of the sides in a knot and voila ! I love the little sliver of stomach showing, it's one of my favourite parts of my body and i like to showcase it 


Outfit isn't as nice from this angle, but i found this photo amusing! My bestie helped me take these photos, so their are many funny ones ( Which i will be including )


The second outfit i think is one of my favourites. I like the simplicity of it, it's laid back and casual yet it has a put together feel. On the bottom i am wearing the sexy boyfriend jean from the GAP, i have never shopped at the gap before but when i saw these jeans i fell in love. They are the boyfriend style, but doesn't make you look like a cardboard box. On the top i am wearing a basic grey loose fitting shirt. I tucked it into my jeans because in all honestly i wanted to feature my jeans in this outfit.

To liven up the outfit a little i added some super cool shoes. Let me let you into my life a little bit here, i am IN LOVE with sneaker heels. I want to start a collection, i want red ones and green ones and camo ones, oh the camo ones. Honestly they are my favourite thing right now and i think i am going to be going and buying some more. Because i am bad, and i love them. Besides that, these specific ones i purchased at Ardennes's for $19.84. They are on sale so go get them now !


The third outfit i think is the craziest out of the bunch. I've never owned a pair of printed leggings but when i saw these i immediately fell in love. They are shark leggings, yes leggings with the pattern of sharks printed on them. This outfit i enjoy a lot because you have a pop piece, whether it is a pair of galaxy leggings or a super crazy shirt. Just pair your pop pieces with basics and you are set to go ! I love looks like this, and i love seeing people show their personality through their pop pieces.

The leggings were purchased at forever 21, the shirt at old navy, and the scarf at Aldo. In case you were wondering

I'll let you into a little secret here. I am a crazy fish lady. I love fish, i have two tanks in my room, i even have a job working with fish ! They are the greatest things, hence me expressing my personality through fish leggings. If you ever find a pair of leggings with the print of an aquarium on them please send me the link and i would love you forever.


And another silly photo


My next outfit is one of the most fancy ones out of the bunch yet still casual. I like transitioning summer pieces into fall hence the use of the maxi skirt here. This skirt in particular was bought at Stitches ! There are always hidden gems in that store. I paired it with a crop top from forever 21, this is a special one though. It is long sleeve, with peek-a-boo shoulders and it's a turtle neck, WHAT ! I loved this piece the minute i saw it yet wasn't sure if i was going to be able to pull it off. So i said what the heck and bought it anyways


I love this outfit for school because though it looks pretty fancy it is still supper comfortable. I love the freedom that maxi skirts provide, because some days i really just don't want to wear pants, and those days are maxi skirt days.


Just playing around on the tractor :P


This second last outfit i find is very, gangster. Again i am showing that little sliver of tummy, and sporting the flowy pants ( though these ones are navy vs the other ones that were blue)

Both of these pieces were purchased from forever 21. I love the small writing on the sweater crop top, and if you layer a pair of leggings underneath the pants this outfit would still be suitable for winter. Oh how i love multi season clothes.


Lastly i have this little put together. I have on a pair of Haram pants from American Apparel. Which is actually one of my favourite pairs of pants, they get so many compliments because a lot of people don't have the guts to wear pants like this where as i just don't care ! I paired it with a crop top from Brandy Melvile ! And i think it came together nicely. Simple, yet nice.

That brings us to the end of my back to school fashion ! Tell me in the comments which outfit is your favourite :)

Stay Majestic *









4 comments:

  1. These outfits look sooo nice and comfortable to wear :) Can tll you had fun shooting these photos too!

    http://melly-go-round.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are ! Thanks for reading my post :)

      Delete
  2. You went all out for first week of school outfits! I can tell we have way different styles, which is awesome to see. Loving outfit #3! I think patterned leggings are so cute for fall, because they are so comfy, affordable, super cute, and so versatile. Looks like you had tons of fun with this post!

    http://maylscorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say it is the first week of school! I'm definitely not going to be wearing things like this everyday :) But it's a fun go to when you can't decide what to wear because it's already picked out and cute ! You should do an outfit post i would love to see your style :)

      Delete